Below is a listing of volunteer opportunities currently available:
- Assist with clerical duties such as helping assemble mailings
- Answer telephone (receptionist)
- Assist with filing
- Data entry
- Serve on the Pinot & Picasso event committee. This committee begins to meet in the early Fall all the way through to the actual event that is held in the latter part of November.
- Serve on the White Shirt Night event committee. This committee begins to meet in the month of March all the way through until the event takes place in mid-June.
- Serve on the Gift Planning committee. The members of this community assist with donor identification, donor retention and assist with cultivation activitie
- Serve on the Marketing committee. This committee meets on a monthly basis and is directly involved with the marketing activities (community outreach) of Helping People Succeed.
- Become an ambassador of Helping People Succeed by joining our Speakers Bureau.
- Help identify and contact gated communities, churches and civic organizations who may be interested in learning more about Helping People Succeed.
- April Showers – a month-long event where “shower” boxes for baby item donations are distributed throughout Martin and St. Lucie counties. You may help contact local businesses, deliver boxes and check-in with the business periodically.
Baby Steps — Children’s Division
- Assist with assembling the BRAIN (Building Readiness among Infants Now). This bag contains information on parent education, community resources and other information. We desperately need someone to copy, collate, and make binders for this program—an ongoing need so the staff completing home visits can focus on the children they serve. This bag is distributed to more than 1,500 infants and their children annually—this is an ongoing project.
- Music and Movement Classes are held throughout the week for children up to age 5 and their parents. Duties would include checking people in, helping during the classes by making sure people are participating, cheering on the activities, and assisting with picking up toys and musical instruments at the end of the session. This is an ongoing regularly scheduled activity.
Community Connections — Assists adults with disabilities learn about their communities
- Assist with learning efforts for adults with disabilities through working directly with the participants in a variety of settings such as community outings (picnics, trips to the library, etc.) and volunteer outings (delivering meals on wheels, humane society, etc.)—always with a Helping People Succeed staff member present.
Behavioral Health Services
- Volunteers needed during the summer – an eight week long camp for at-risk youth.
Employment Options — Assists adults with disabilities obtain and maintain employment
- Assist with identifying potential employers.
- Assist with learning experiences for individuals seeking employment such as helping write resumes, outings and other activities that help prepare a person for work—always with a Helping People Succeed staff member present.
If you are interested in volunteering contact Glenna Parris by phone 772.320.0778 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org