A community inclusion program for adults with disabilities, offering a variety of educational, community and recreational activities
Community Connections offers individuals with disabilities training in life skills and pre-employment, as well as opportunities for community integration. The program is designed to provide creative and meaningful activities that help participants build skills and increase their independence. Participants choose the activities they wish to participate in and identify personal goals and skills they wish to develop.
Program Activities Include (but are not limited to):
- Life Skills Classes – Communication, Self-Advocacy, Socialization, Cooking, Hygiene, Money Management
- Pre-Employment – Interview Skills, Resume Writing, Computer Skills, Job Skills Training
- Recreation and Leisure Activities – Exercising, Community Outings, Collaborations with local outreach programs
- Volunteer Opportunities – House of Hope Thrift Shop, House of Hope Food Pantry, Meals on Wheels, Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens and more
- Eligibility: Community Connections is open to individuals with disabilities, age 22 or older, who receive Medicaid waiver services. Private Pay services are also available.
- Staff: Our competent, professional and qualified staff is trained and certified in all areas required by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities.
- Hours: Weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Individuals may attend daily or weekly.
- Transportation: Transportation may be arranged, based on need and availability, for an additional fee.